Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Eataly - Chicago

When I was home for Christmas, my parents took Blake and I to Eataly downtown Chicago. I've been hearing all about it and knew, as a Montella, I needed to go. My mom was very excited to see what it was all about too. This place is pretty massive. I've called it before, "An Italian's heaven."
If you know me, I LOVE pasta. Mike gets tired of me always making it, but it NEVER gets old to me. My favorite has to be homemade spaghetti or angel hair. I bought a package and made some once I got back to Raleigh. Delicious.
My family loooves seafood. Salmon, scallops, shrimps, crab, lobster, fish, oysters, etc. Bring it all on.
I mean, how can you resist this meat and cheese plate? You can't. 
Cheese on cheese on cheese.
If you have enough room for dessert, you must try the 'Sweet Milk' gelato. Amazing. Light, but with just the right amount of cream and sweetness. And if you don't want gelato, they have the cutest desserts. I love when restaurants have their sweet treats in shot glasses. They are the perfect portions!
If you are downtown Chicago, I highly recommend stopping at Eataly for a quick bite to eat or a drink. Enjoy!
Photo Cred: Meg Montella

No comments:

Post a Comment