Friday, February 20, 2015

Heartstrings

via

And finally, we've made it to Friday and the weekend. I feel all out of sorts since we had a snow day on Tuesday and then a two-hour delay on Wednesday. While I had the day off on Tuesday, I did some writing, reading, online shopping browsing, and listened to some new and semi-new music to me.
My favorite Gossip Girl, Leighton Meester released her first album entitled Heartstrings in October 2014. I think she is wonderful, so I had to take a listen. At first I wasn't expecting the style of music she was singing and playing, but it has totally grown on me and I've come to love her soothing sound. I must say, I'm blown away by her vocal talent. I knew she could be the perfect upper-east-sider and sing pop beats as heard in Cobra Starship's "Good Girls Go Bad", but I had no idea the extent of her talent. 

Sit down one morning, with a cup of tea or coffee and let Leighton pick at your Heartstrings by playing her album through. Her voice is just as pretty as she is.




Leighton is just so talented. She has a movie being limited released called Like Sunday, Like Rain on March 6, 2015. I'm not exactly sure how it will be released or where, but I'm looking into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment