Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Walking Dead


Now that I am done with House of Cards, I needed a new tv show to watch on Netflix. I landed upon amc's The Walking Dead. I thought that it was going to be super cheesy because of the whole zombie looking things, but I've gotten hooked. There are three seasons of it on Netflix and four season on DVD now, so I've kept pretty occupied. After finishing season three, I've decided that it's a mix between ABC's Revolution and Lost. 

How would you feel if you woke up in an abandon hospital, hooked up to IVs, and discovered that you were all alone. On top of that, there are these zombie looking "walkers" ready to feed off of you at any chance they get. Hence the title, they are literally walking dead. Rick prevails to get himself out of the hospital, after a gun shot wound that got him there in the first place. That was before everything changed. He is now in search of his wife and son. They are no where to be found at their home, but all the pictures are gone, so he believes that she took them and they are still alive. He just has to find them. 

As he makes his way to Atlanta, Rick is hit in the face with the reality of his current world. Walkers everywhere. Good thing he was a cop in his previous "normal" world because he was able to stock up on guns to kill these walkers with a shot to the head. That is the only way to kill them, or kill them again I suppose. Rick finds other life in Atlanta and that is when his new world and life start.

I'm trying to figure out how to watch season four, since it isn't on Netflix yet. I've read that it is going to be streamed starting in Fall 2014, before the season five premiere. We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment