Monday, July 21, 2014

Impromptu

It doesn't get much better than an impromptu weekend roadtrip. No expectations. Just the road and endless possibilities. This past weekend I hit the road to Washington D.C. I visited back in September for the first time and loved it. 

Since the Nationals game wasn't until the evening, Saturday I explored the city. I started out looking over D.C. from this rooftop. Super modern with great views.

 If you are in D.C., you must try The Pig. The smoked bbq smells in this place were amazing and I was very upset that I already ate breakfast.

 Another gem that I would recommend is Pearl Dive Oyster Palace

 The drink below was a very different combination of flavors than I'm used to, but I really enjoyed it. Its called the Pearl Oyster Cup. Bombay Sapphire, Pimm’s No. 1,  Cucumber, Lime, Mint, and House Ginger Beer. You could definitely make out the ginger taste.


 The hot oyster plates were AMAZING. I went with the Rockefeller and Tchoupitoulas.


Off to the ball game!




On Sunday, I decided to take a walk around Georgetown. I found myself on Georgetown University's campus. Very pretty.


And of course, you can't go to Georgetown or D.C. for that matter, without going to Georgetown Cupcake! I HAD to get the red velvet again and then I tried their Key Lime Cheesecake and Caramel Sundae cupcakes on specialty.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment