Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mayhem


Instagram has led me to a lot of different fashion, health, and lifestyle bloggers since joining a couple years ago. I love looking at what people put together in an ensemble or what exercises are included within their workouts. The restaurants, drinks, and fun places to travel, all at my finger tips. One day I stumbled upon a little girl, known as MAYHEM. She is just the cutest little thing at just 4-years old, but what got me following was the fact that she started making paper dresses with her mom and posting them on their IG account. They didn't just wrap some paper around her and tape it together. These dresses and outfits are detailed and most of all, created with love by a mother and daughter. So, #FashionByMayhem emerged…

You MUST check out their website and even google search for many of their creations. Her father is a photographer and both parents capture Mayhem, as they call her, in all of her paper-made dresses. As her talent and drive to make her paper dresses continued, she found inspiration she saw on TV, at award shows. Check out some of her work!
Kimberly from The Band Perry.
Katy Perry
Taylor Swift
Jennifer Lawrence
Sarah Jessica Parker
Lupita Nyong'o

On their website, Mayhem found out that there was a show all about making dresses. Below was her first one and it is amazing how accurate her paper version is.
I mean, aren't they amazing?


I'd just like to give these parents a round of applause on this one. The most adorably cute, creative idea. Sometimes I think I like the captions, back stories to the dresses, and facial expressions in the pictures, more than the dresses themselves. So adorable. 

I've read that people are actually collecting paper for her to design more dresses. Don't think that this little girl is profiting off of her success. She participates in charities to either donate money or her dresses for auction. Great story. I can't wait to see what Mayhem and her mom have in store for the future!

Follow #FashionByMayhem on Instagram for more dresses and constant shenanigans @2sisters_angie.


No comments:

Post a Comment