Friday, February 5, 2016

Like Sunday, Like Rain

Sometimes we meet people in the most random of situations, creating unique and lasting connections that start out completely unexpected but later reveal themselves to be much more. That flame could burn for a lifetime, even if your time together is only a chapter in your book.


Like Sunday, Like Rain is about a mutual respect and understanding found in an unlikely place. Eleanor Logan, played by my beloved Gossip Girl Leighton Meester, forms a bond with a 12 year-old boy with whom she was hired to nanny. Reggie is a prodigy and wise beyond his years. While lost in her own journey of life, they share bits of each other to better understand and cope with their own realities. The pair nurture their bond with their love of music.

This independent film tells a pure, lighthearted story but still had me in tears for the beauty of its subtleness. I'm a sucker for piano and string instruments, so the fact Reggie composed and played his own score was fascinatingly touching. Leighton was stunning as always, but in a more simple way than what I was used to seeing her in with Blair Waldorf's character. I think a good takeaway I got from this movie is that we meet different people all the time and everyone has something in them that's special. You never know when you might meet someone that makes you look at life differently. Everyone's journey is their own.

I'd been wanting to see other work of Leighton's and was ecstatic when I saw it was released to Netflix. I would highly recommend viewing at your streaming convenience. I don't want to blow the ending, but I hope it touches you too.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment