Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On the Glass

One of the partners at the firm I work for has season tickets for the Carolina Hurricanes...oh, and they are ON THE GLASS, right next to the visitor's penalty box. Since the Hurricanes play the Chicago Blackhawks only once this season (at Carolina), I asked him if he was using them. He didn't hesitate and said that we could have them. So, here we are on this wonderful Tuesday night, watching the Hurricanes take on the Blackhawks. Unbelievable seats. We've sat in them before, but this was different. Its the Chicago Blackhawks, people! Mike was in his glory. I don't think he could have been more happy. 
To be honest, I think I saw more Blackhawks fans than Hurricanes. It was kind of sad to see for Carolina, but great to be surrounded by like-minded people. We were told by some season ticket holders that the crowd is usually split between fans. Why you ask? Because the tickets are half the price down here. Other teams' fans take buses down to Carolina because the tickets are so much cheaper. 
It was awesome to see all these guys up close during warm-ups. 
 Heres Mike, giddy as ever, with Hjalmarsson (a little blurry) in the background. 
 These were all taken with only my iPhone, so you can tell how close we were. 
 Round of applause for the three Blackhawks that went to the visitors penalty box last night. Our seats were literally right next to it. 
Exciting game for both teams. But, SHARPIE WITH THE WIN! It was cool to see him score his 200th career goal too! 
I'm so glad we were able to go to the game (since they only play once), let alone sit in these great seats. So much fun!
Go BLACKHAWKS!

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to a hockey game! I think it would be suuuper fun

    ReplyDelete