Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The New Girl

I've come to another one of those moments in my life where I ask, "Why am I JUST starting to watch The New Girl?" Have you heard of it? Watched it before? Tune in each week, faithfully? I've seen commercials for the show before and kept thinking that I need to start watching, but I'm the type that always needs to start things from the beginning. Luckily, some awesome individual came up with the whole Netflix idea and I was able to start from the pilot. 

Corky, hilarious, and beautiful describes the main character, Jess perfectly. Zooey Deschanel plays Jess and she is fabulous at it. You can't help but love her corkiness, while being completely gorgeous in her brown curled locks. Jess was cheated on by her less than impressive boyfriend of six years, leaving her homeless and alone. Thankfully for modern technology, she found a place to crash… with three male roommates. They are a little skeptical, but welcome her with open arms. The series captures their experiences living together, while dealing with normal issues and conflicts that normal 20-somethings encounter. Some of these situations are too funny. You know you have landed on something good when you actually lol laugh out loud during an episode. The way the four characters bounce pure wit off of each other is hysterical.
Such a cute and hilarious series. The New Girl is in its third season on FOX, every Tuesday at 9/8c.

No comments:

Post a Comment