Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Perfect Weekend

What a weekend! I had such a great birthday and Labor Day weekend. Thank you to everyone who gave me a birthday wish. Thursday after work, we started celebrating at one of my usual places. Took my coworkers down to the Yard House for drinks and appetizers. 
I'm going to apologize in advance for the extremely long post due to the large amount of photos taken this weekend. lol :)

Friday, we headed out to Wrightsville Beach. The water wasn't as blue this time, but it was still warm and refreshing. The waves were pretty powerful and I got takedown as soon as I got in. Fantastic day at the beach. 
 Mike was having a blast with his new Go Pro. Its amazing how clear the video and photos are.
For dinner, The Oceanic provided us with great food, drinks, and a view. Gorgeous.
Seared Scallops, pineapple-garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies. My favorite. 
From there we went Downtown Wilmington for a night on the town. 
The Henrietta. 
My Dad and I on the Wilmington Riverwalk.
Yes, this did happen. Thank you City Limit Saloon - Wilmington. lol And yes, there is a video that I believe has gone viral.
Tried to learn their line dances, but with sandals, a maxi skirt and a 'boot' full of booze it wasn't pretty.

Saturday, it was straight to the U.S.S. North Carolina Battleship. Its amazing how big it was. The tour for below the deck was literally an hour and a half long. Mike and my Dad LOVED it!
 Gator! 
And from there we did lunch and the boys had a cigar, while we went into the Italian Market. 
Went to our favorite place, Dock Street Oyster Bar
Mike and my Dad got our usual, the seafood steamer platter which includes: crab legs, oysters, clams, mussels, shrimp, crawfish, corn-on-the-cob, and potatoes. Delicious. However, I wanted to change it up and went with this seafood trio of shrimp, calamari rings, and crab over cheese ravioli and topped with  light cream pesto sauce and feta cheese. TO DIE FOR.

Great time in Wilmington, NC, but it was nice to get back to Raleigh. For their last night, we knew that we needed to take my parents to The Pit.
 It was a perfect way to end the weekend with them. The Pit is known for their fabulous BBQ. They did not disappoint Sunday night.
I'm so glad my parents were able to make it out to Raleigh before its Fall. Again, Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment