Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Florence

I absolutely loved Florence, even more so than Rome. This was my first hostel experience, but from what I'm told it isn't a true hostel. We had a pool, indoor and outdoor bar area, and little restaurant. 




When we started walking around Firenzia I really liked how it was set up compared to Rome. We even saw an Eataly, which I was surprised to see since we have them in the states. And all of the sudden, there we were strolling along and then BOOM. The Duomo. One of the most beautiful and massive structures I have ever seen. 







What I really enjoyed about Florence was how much more open it was. The piazzas and wider streets gave people more room to walk. The best gelato I had in Italy was at Venchi. They had a chocolate wall that was so cool too.


Duomo (Florence Cathedral) at night.



One of the nights we ate at a restaurant across from the Duomo called Bucca San Giovani. Worth every penny. The bottles of chianti we tried were fantastic to start and then they brought our food out... *mouth waters*



I started with a pasta...


And then finished with the highly anticipated Florentine T-Bone Steak, weighing in a little over 3 pounds of meat. This dish was split and then shared with everyone. One of the best meals I had in Italy. 







The replica of David.








Ponte Vecchio.











Porcellino. You are supposed to rub the snout to ensure your return to Florence.



A signature Italian drink, Aperol spritz.



If only I had an extra 400 euro for this awesome painting.


Amazing street art.



The last night in Florence I strolled around on my own and went to ZaZa. I got an appetizer of smoked salmon on grilled bread with olive oil and finally got the carbonara. 



Wine tasting in Tuscany tomorrow...
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment